Prayers & Duties >> Jumuah & Eid Prayers

If I am travelling beyond 80 kms (actually I m going to travel 200km), is Jumuah salah obligatory on me? And during travel if we 4 people are not able to find masjid at the place we are travelling to, then can we 4 perform Jumuah at our place of convenience? For your kind information we 4 people are travelling a place where Jumuah is fardh i.e. a big city, but we are travelling beyond 80 kms.

Published on: Apr 2, 2014

(Fatwa: 699/699/M=06/1435)

Jumuah is not fardh on musafir. If you intend to stay for fifteen days or more at the place where you are going then you shall be muqim there. But if you intend to stay there for fourteen days or less then you shall remain musafir and Jumuah is not fardh on musafir. But if four of you want to establish Jumuah salah together then you can do so, or you can offer it behind any muqim imam if you wish. Jumuah may be established in the city or on its outskirts in places other than mosque also. Mosque is not a condition for Jumuah.