Prayers & Duties >> Jumuah & Eid Prayers

Kuwait

Bismillahirahmanir-raheem ,As-salamualikum.Respected Mufti Saheb.I have a query regarding the Kutba in Juma Namaz.I Live in Kuwait and a Masjid near my residence delivers the Kutba in Urdu. Several people who i know, but they are no alims, say that a Kutba in Juma Namaz has to be compulsorily in Arabic. When In India I have never heard a kutba in any other language. But here in Kuwait we get to hear in, Urdu, English, Malyalum,Filipino and many more languages. Please clear my doubt and shed some light on this issue. ether its allowed or not. Is the Namaz Complete or otherwise. Awaiting your kind Reply.

Published on: Aug 11, 2009

(Fatwa: 1492/1218=D/1430)

The Jumua Khutbah should be recited in Arabic, it is unlawful to deliver the same in non-Arabic. There is no proof of non-Arabic khutbah from the time of the Sahabah and those who followed them. You should try to perform salah in a mosque the khutbah is recited in Arabic. Those are right who say that the khutbah should be in Arabic.