Faiths & Beliefs >> Islamic Beliefs

Yemen

Some arab scholers are saying that picture making is halal,and are saying that,what has been said about pictures in the ahadith is right,but the pictures intended in the ahadith are not the pictures taken these days by a camera,please tell me what the ulamaa of deoband say about this,it would help me alot if you dont answer me briefly,bearing in mind that i am a student in an islamic institute.

Published on: Sep 12, 2007

(Fatwa: 368/346=N)

(1) Holding this view is tantamount to kufr since hijab is proved from Quran:

وَإِذَا سَأَلْتُمُوهُنَّ مَتَاعًا فَاسْأَلُوهُنَّ مِنْ وَرَاءِ حِجَابٍ

And when ye ask (his ladies) for anything ye want, ask them from before a screen (33/53)

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُلْ لأزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاءِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِنْ جَلابِيبِهِنَّ

O Prophet! Tell Thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that They should cast their outer garments over their persons (When abroad) (33/59)

(2) This view is completely wrong, though did not constitute kufr.

(3) This view is also kufr since it contradicts this ruling of Quran:

وَالسَّارِقُ وَالسَّارِقَةُ فَاقْطَعُوا أَيْدِيَهُمَا جَزَاءً بِمَا كَسَبَا نَكَالا مِنَ اللَّهِ

As to the thief, male or female, cut off His or Her hands: a punishment by way of example, from Allah (5/38)