Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

My mom's grandfather left a building who has two children among two one is alive and other is my nanajan who is no more before 35 years. So my mom's grandfather divided this building in two parts one is for my mom's chacha and other is for my grandmother. The issue is that my grandmother is having 7 children 3 brothers and 4 sisters. So please tell me according to Shariah in what manner the half building is divided in these brothers and sisters along with my grandmother?

Published on: Dec 18, 2011

(Fatwa: 119/59/D=1433)

If the grandfather of your mother distributed the house in two parts and made your nani and your mother's uncle its owner and gave it into their possession then nani became the owner of half part. Explain whether your nani is alive or dead. Also write whether her legal heirs are the same i.e. three sons and four daughters, so that the property of nani may be distributed among her heirs. And if your nani is alive then property is not distributed in one's lifetime and children do not have any share in it.