Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

My grand father(maternal)i.e nana,is terribly ill. My khala(aunt)who is opportunist woman is living in his house for free for 5 years now.my nana lives with my mamu in another city. Now their intentions have changed and they want to take that property for themselves and have foul mouth my grand father,my uncles, and every body in the family and also threatening to kill my mamu also. My grand father has decided to devoid her from property inheritance. Is this right on my grand father part? Please advice.

Published on: May 5, 2011

(Fatwa: 480/402/B=1432)

If your nana (grandfather) wants to distribute his property in his lifetime, he will have to distribute equal shares to all his sons and daughters. If he deprives any son without any Shariah reason, he shall be sinful. It is mentioned in hadith that Almighty Allah will deprive him from Jannah (paradise). Your nana should fear Allah and should not spoil his hereafter.