Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

Question # : 3051


The situation is: my grandfather gave my father agricultural land and village father is the only son and has five sisters. The peoperty is 6 acres of land and a house. As per village traditions, my grand father did not give any share to his daughters. My grand father died in 2000 and my father becomes owner of property and he added 10 more acres to the property from his earnings. Property is now being transferred to me as sole male heir, i have two sisters as well. Now I don't want to do the same and infact I wish to reverse what my grand father and the my father has done. I wish to give my phuphoos (my father's sisters their share which should have been given by my grand father) and to my sisters as per shariah as I don't want to take this burdon to next world. mother is dead I have two sisters. 2.My father has five sisters out of which one has died. grand mother is alive but not in senses and bed ridden (very ill) My question is: can I rightfully do this? give my phuphoos (my father's sisters) and then remaining among myself and my sisters. 2.Am I obligated to correct my grandfather's wrong act of not giving share to daughters? grandfather died in 2000 so the price of land at that time will be used to do shares? Can we use price of property in year 2000 as that was the time for doing the sahres. I am planning to sell everything and then do the shares. Assume price of one acre as 1,000,000 in 2007 price of one acre in year 2000 was 500,000. grand father left 6 acres father added 10 more Thanks in advance for guidence.

Answer : 3051

Published on: Mar 24, 2008

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 476/350=H)


(1) Did the sister (among the five sisters) of your grandfather died before late grandfather or after? (2) Whom did she left behind among his relatives? (3) Are your parents alive? Please, write these things clearly, then in-sha-Allah we shall reply you.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question