Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

Pakistan

Many non-Muslims say that distribution of inheritence as given in Sura 4 verse 11-12 and 176 is unmathematical. some muslim scholars answer but they only say that it is just the outline given and not the whole formula...but this answer is not enough to shut the mouths of non-Muslims. I requisite you to please give an appropriate answer and solve the issue. I would requist you to please give the answer in the form of a table in which all the shares add up to one in each case. Jazakallah

Published on: Dec 9, 2007

(Fatwa: 1852/1424=H)

Please, ask the non-Muslim who regards the inheritance system of the Quran as un-mathematical to write the down the reasons of its being unreasonable in detail and send it to us. Also, ask him to chart the inheritance system described in his own religion in a mathematical and reasonable way, then we will reply.