Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

My aunty has become a widow, my uncle had 2 wives , my aunty has no children. The other widow is having 2 sons age 75 years and a daughter 7 months old. My uncle has given separate house to each wife , when he was alive one big house was given to my aunty, one house is small given to other widower. My uncle has land, some amount in bank, some animals. I want to know how many shares have to be done and how all the property is to be distributed. This whole property is of my uncle. In this property there is no share of his brothers, brothers’ sons etc.

Published on: Nov 21, 2017

(Fatwa: 234/192/L=2/1439)

If both the wives of your uncle are alive and none among his parents was alive at the time of his death then all the property of your deceased uncle shall be divided into 80 shares, after paying due rights proceeding inheritance. Out of the total, each wife shall get 5-5 shares, each son shall get 28-28 shares, while the daughter shall get 14 shares. The detail of Shariah division is as follows:

Wives:                          2 x 05 = 10

Sons:                2 x 28 = 56

Daughter:          1 x 14 = 14

Total                   80        shares