Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

Question # : 10526

United States of America

My wife owns the house we live in. She wants to will the house to me. We have two sons but she wants me to inherit the entire property after her death. Can she make a will and do so?

Answer : 10526

Published on: Jan 27, 2009

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 194/178=B/1429)


The will of wife for husband is invalid; since husband is one of her heirs. It is advisable to wife that she should gift the house to the two sons and give it in their possession.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question