Miscellaneous >> History & Biography

asalam alekum hope you are fine i have to ask that IS IMAM ABU -HANIFA IS A MOHADEES .If it is mohadees then tell me the name of its hadeeth books .Because one of my frnd is AHLAE- HADEES and he tell me this question. I have to find the books but i cant find the imam hadeeth books .Plz tell me the answer with references ALLAH HAFIZ.

Published on: Dec 4, 2008

(Fatwa: 2205/1798=B/1429)

The famous scholar of Hadith sciences Hadhrat Yahya bin Sayeed Al-Qattan says:

إن أبا حنیفۃ ? واللہ ? لأعلم ھذہ الأمة بما جاء عن اللہ ورسولہ (أعلام المسلمین 3)

Undoubtedly, Abud Hanifah is ? by Allah ? the most learned of all about what came from Allah and His Messenger صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم (Aalaamul Muslimeen 3)

Most of the traditions narrated by Imam Abu Hanifah are sunaai and thulathi (with two or three narrators between him and the Prophet). His well-known Hadith book is: Kitab Al-Athar. There is another book published from Beirut named: Marwiyat Abi Hanifah. Study these books and see the biographies of the Imam as well. Numerous prominent scholars of Hadith sciences have admitted that the Imam was muhaddith. Also, refer to the book of Allama Sha?rani who was a Shafeyi.