Miscellaneous >> Halal & Haram

Kya hum sherwani jispe brocade fabric ka work he pahensakte he, (me ne jis dukan se kharida wo Muslim log ki he) (Brocade is a class of richly decorative shuttle-woven fabrics, often made in colored silks and with or without gold and silver threads). I already purchased it, it is hard to return, I asked the worker does it contain silk, he told it's doesn't contain silk, can I wear it on my nikah? While purchasing I was not knowing about brocade design, that's why I relied on shopkeeper to confirm it's not silk.

Published on: Dec 14, 2017

(Fatwa: 244/226/SD=3/1439)

If the Sherwani is not made of silk and no silver or gold thread is used to prepare it then it is lawful to wear it. You may wear it and may also wear it on the occasion of marriage. However, it is not lawful to wear it with extravagance and pride. However, according to Shariah, it is not good to wear such sophisticated and precious clothes. If gold or silver thread is used in the Sherwani then explain its quantity and submit the question again.

عن ابن عباس رضى الله عنهما قال: كل ما شئت والبس ماشئت ما أخطائتك اثنتان: سرف أو مخيلة رواه البخاري (2/ 860)