Prayers & Duties >> Hajj & Umrah

I performed hajj with my wife last year and our group had arranged Qurbani at 11 am on the first day of Rami. But we performed Rami at 11:45 am and then went to do tawaf-e-ziyarah. After tawaf-e-ziyarah our group Muallim confirmed that the Qurbani was carried out at 11:00 am. Our Muallim said that it is not a big issue if Rami is done after Qurbani and told us that we should not be worried. We then did our halaq. Is our hajj in order?

Published on: Sep 6, 2012

(Fatwa: 821/804/N=1433)

Tartib is wajib in Rami and Qurbani according to Imam Abu Hanifa (رحمة الله عليه). Hence in the question mentioned above your hajj as well the hajj of your friends was complete without any doubt but since the Qurbani of you and of your friends was done before Rami hence if you were doing hajj Qiran or Tamattu then 1-1 dam (slaughtering of animal) shall be wajib on you due to violating the tartib.
قال فى البحر الرائق (3:24): وإن ذبح قبل الرمي لزمه دم إن كان قارنا أو متمتعا اهـ