Prayers & Duties >> Hajj & Umrah

(1) I was applied for Hajj (Hajj-e-Badal) from my grandfather and Hajj was fardh on him not on me. Some people advised me to perform Hajj of yourself and in second time you perform Hajj from your grandfather. Please guide me.
(2) Performing which Hajj is better in Hajj-e-Badal (Tamattu, Ifrad or Qiran)?

Published on: Aug 7, 2018

(Fatwa: 1384/1240/H=11/1439)

(1) If your grandfather made a will for Hajj-e-Badal and you are performing the Hajj with the wealth leftover by your grandfather then in such a case you cannot offer your fardh Hajj rather it will be wajib on you to perform Hajj-e-Badal on behalf of your grandfather. Hajj will be fardh on you when you have capacity for the same.

(2) If you are leaving for Hajj near the date of Hajj (8th of Dhul Hijjah leaving for Mina) then you should make intention for Hajj-e-Ifrad and perform Hajj on behalf of your grandfather. If you are leaving for Hajj much before the time of Hajj then you should make intention of Hajj-e-Tamattu and perform Hajj. The qurbani of Hajj is not wajib in Hajj-e-Ifrad while it is wajib in Hajj-e-Tamattu.