Social Matters >> Education & Upbringing

Question # : 36804


I want to live separate from my wife and child, because they do not obey me, but I also would like to bear their living expenses, but I do not want to live with them.

Answer : 36804

Published on: Feb 2, 2012

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 366/D-44/K=1433)

It is your responsibility to look after your wife, upbring your children and live with them with mutual love and consideration. If you bear any nuisance words you shall get its reward, hence it is not good to live separately form your family. Also it shall invite other problems which you will not be able to remove. Hence if you live in some separate part of your house, it is allowable. Also review your behaviour and it is a great job to make someone understand and advise. You did this job and your responsibility was discharged. If they do not accept it they shall be responsible for it, and you would be free from it. If they do not accept it first time, keep on saying convincing them with affection and love pathetically and supplicate Almighty Allah as well. Aslo keep on reciting the following dua:
اللهم َأَصْلِحْ لِي فِي ذُرِّيَّتِي .
رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَاماً .

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question