Social Matters >> Education & Upbringing

Question # : 36072


I request a Fatwa on my below situation. Due to difference with my wife over staying in joint family, I have sent her to her mother's home so that she realize outside world and Allah may give her hidayah. I have two adult children; daughter 21 years and son 18 years. They have also gone along with their mother without my consent and permission nor informing me on this decision. In this situation what would be the financial support towards my children as per Shariah, we are Hanafi.

Answer : 36072

Published on: Dec 28, 2011

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 146/122/B=1433)

If your children can afford, then the expenses of their maintenance shall be met with their money; otherwise you shall be responsible for the same. It shall be your duty to bring them up and get them married.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question