Social Matters >> Education & Upbringing

Question # : 20769


Assalam Alaykum. I would like to know if a woman is divourced by her husband who will have the custody of the kids. Does it depend upon the gender of the kid? ThankYou in Advance.

Answer : 20769

Published on: Mar 22, 2010

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 404/404/M=1431)


A mother has right to nourish her children, if it is a boy then up to seven years and if it is a girl then up to nine years, while the father is responsible for their expenses.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question