Question # : 20256
Answer : 20256
Published on: Jun 26, 2011
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
(1) We do not know Abdul Wahab and Sheikh Faiz. If you write some details then we can reply. Your two practices mentioned in the question are right while the practice of your friend is not right.
(2) Those who regard the Ahadith as hujjat shariyah (legal authority) and follow the path of Sahaba were named as Ahl al-Sunnat wa al-Jama?ah. This title became popular and famous for Ahl Haq true followers of Islam just after the age of Sahaba. Some people who are diverted from the path of Ahl Haq, but pretend to be from Ahl al-Sunnat wa al-Jama?ah, they give this impression that only they are from Ahl al-Sunnat wa al-Jama?ah not others. Moreover they call others with the title of Wahabi. While the Ulama of Deoband have firm enough in following sunnah and in following the footprints of Sahabah in their precept and practice and abstaining from innovation and obscenity is their characteristic sign. Thus in the real sense of term, these people and those follow their way are true Ahl al-Sunnat wa al-Jama?ah.
(3) Study the book namely: ?Shaikh Muhammad Abdul Wahhab Najdi Aur Un Ke HamAsr Ulama? written by Maulana Manzoor Nomani - founder editor of Al-Furqan Lucknow.
(4) In Fiqh, we follow Imam Azam Abu Hanifa RA, so we are called Hanafi.
(5) The names of four Imams are as follows: (a) Imam Azam Abu Hanifa Noman bin Sabit Al-kufi. (b) Imam Malik ibn Anas. (c) Imam Abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Idrees Al-Shafae. (d) Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (may Allah have mercy on them)
Allah knows Best!
Darul Uloom Deoband