Faiths & Beliefs >> Dawah & Tableeg

As you know me I am a revert Muslim and I have hide it from the society. I used to offer namaz at home when no one would be at my home. In-shaAllah, I am going to masjid for namaz from next week how should I answer the society and my family members, as you know the Hindus hate Muslim and will be a big issue. And is it compulsory to go for circumcision and shave head underarms, pubic hairs change of name? My name means Hindu god and what should do after revert to Muslim?

Published on: Mar 27, 2012

(Fatwa: 81/79/N=1433)

You should declare your Islam trusting in Allah Almighty. Allah shall safeguard you from all enemies and opponents. Circumcision is sunnah muwakkedah and one of the signs of Islam. If the armpit and pubic hair grow for forty days or more then it is wajib to remove them. If the name is shirkiya then it should be changed. If the hair of head is in English style (non-Shariah) then it is should also be shaved or cut equally. You should befriend any authentic Alim or Mufti and keep on learning Islamic commandments from him and pass your life according to it. May Almighty Allah give us taufiq to follow the Islam in true way! Amen!