Faiths & Beliefs >> Dawah & Tableeg

United Kingdom

Assalamu Alaikum I have a question regarding the effort of Tabligh. Recently in our Masjid, we have had an alim who joins mashwera, and he is adamant that when brothers are going out for gusht, only dawah for salaah should be given, if the person is not coming salaah, or only dawah for taleem should be given, if the person comes for salaah but doesn?t sit on taleem. The elders in the mashwera wouldn?t say anything but also would not carry out the advice. I spoke to one the 4 month brothers about this and he says that full 6 points dawah should be given as this is the advice from the elders. He said the reason no-one says anything is because he in an alim and when the alim last spent time, it over about 15 years ago, and the elders have changed what they were saying 15 years ago to now. What is the correct method?

Published on: Apr 21, 2010

(Fatwa: 645/645/M=1431)

It is better to give the dawah of six points during gasht, however the suggestion of the Aalim is sound. It is useful to talk according to the situation, location and the condition of person addressed. Working with the rules and etiquettes of Tablighi Dawah is the right and effective manner.