I married six years back. My wife is a converted Muslim. Alhamdulillah, I have a son of 1 yr. I work in a Pvt. Co. and she is also working with another co. My problem is my wife and her casual approach and attitude towards me and her life. My parents were not in favour of this marriage and still they are not supportive. Since marriage itself, she is not interested in managing homely things, several times I have opposed to this but she says she gets tired, she doesnt observe purdah despite of my repeated requests/warnings, she never take interest in reading, cooking, cleaning. Last year, Alhamdulillah, I have been gifted a son. My worry is that she doesnt have any Islamic value attached to her, except offering Namaz, she doesnt know anything about Islam despite of several requests/warnings. I provided her infrastructure for that too viz., books etc. I wonder what she would give to my son. Second thing, she has relations to many na-mahram people in her office life, she even has relation with my friends. Just for instance and you to notice the importance that I have in her life, one day she was going to her office with me on my bike, the bike got punctured, we were walking to find a place for repair, all of sudden I saw she was going on another bike with an unknown person. This is mere a one example, she has done these sort of things in past also but of no use, I was shocked, since then I am not able to forget that episode. Even then, she is not bothered about my pain, she is happily enjoying her life, laughing, playing with son, she pretends as she is nowhere bothered about the issues of her & my life. Also these days, for last six months I am facing financial crisis, I have debts more than 15 lacs and income is limited. Sometimes I remain penniless for 10 days or so. I need support either it is financial/mental, but she doesnt care about that too. I am all alone and seeking help from you blessed people. I dont feel like living anymore. Should I divorce her? May ALLAH (SWT) guide me! I am hopeful for your advice.
Answer : 143
Published on: Apr 28, 2007
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
You should never give divorce to her; otherwise your trouble may increase. As you have written, there lay more faults in you than in your wife. Why do you allow her to go to office and do a job? You should keep her in your house and give her nafqa (maintenance). You should convey her matters related to Islam with love and good morals and should not put the blame on her. A perfect Muslim is one who is good for his wife. Do not have suspicion, treat her well and supplicate Allah, in-sha-Allah all the problems will be solved gradually.
Allah knows Best!
Darul Uloom Deoband
- I want to know whether the perfumes containing materials like ethyl alcohol, propenol, alcohol-Denat, butanol etc. is haram or not. Can we offer namaz if we have sprinkled the perfume containing these contents. Perfumes like HugoBoss, Calvin Clein, Azzaaro etc. Please reply.
- I would like to know why is listening to music prohibited in Islam? P.S: I have known a lot of reasons but i need a good solid reason therefore i expect an elaborated reply.
- Please, suggest me, can we use perfumes & deodrant spray having alchol in limited quatity?
- Are perfuems and deodorants are permissible in Islam as it contains Alcohol Denat? I was told that Alcohol Denat is synthetic and using of it is not najis? Please reply as soon as possible.
- Is it permissible for a woman to wear a tika or mathaputi (forehead jewellery)? Do these have any religious connotations for hindus?
- Henna powder with ingredients like (1) para phenylene diamine (2) citric acid (3) herbal amla powder (4) barium peroxide (5) magnesium sulphate is it halal?
- Question regarding clothing. It is better not to wear cloths style of the non Muslims? Therefore cloths such as the jeans, underwear, are not allowed or not sunnah?
- One of my friend tells me that its haram or mukruh tahreemi to wear a steel strap watch. Meaning a simple metallic watch with steel strap or chain. (Not gold or silver). He says its haram to wear iron so the steel strap is also iron. Please put some light to this matter.
- My age is 28 years. Most of my beard and hairs on my head have become grey in colour and i am not yet married. Can i use black colour dye. i tried using heena but it is very much visible that the hairs are grey. so please advice on my email.
- I have read your fatwa on shaping of eyebrows, please quote reference where shaping thick eye brows is permissible and to what extent can it be done? As I have read various ahadith thay says eye brow shapping is haraam and ALLAH SWT curses women who shape their eyebrow, please explain