Transactions & Dealings >> Business

I am a real estate businessman where I buy and sell land or houses. First we will pay the total amount of the land and have an written agreement that after months we will pay the remaining total amount and get registered the land. Here what we want to know is can sale the land to the other person only on agreement or have to sell it after complete registration. Hope you will reply me soon.

Published on: Dec 24, 2011

(Fatwa: 136/136/M=1433)

If the dealing is to the extent of agreement and formal ijab-o-qubool of sale is not done then it is not lawful to sell it to someone else. And if you finalise the dealing by ijab-o-qubool at the time of buying land or house and pay some price of land with promise to pay the remaining price at a later time, then in this case you can sell it to others after having possession of it even before its registration.