Transactions & Dealings >> Business

i am working as master in mill the supllier of difrent chemicals pay me comision , i myself has no comitment with this supliers they pay it from there profit without anykind of force from me. if i don,t take this money there no benefit to ownner ofmill. .....what about this money for me

Published on: Feb 8, 2011

(Fatwa: 278/170/D=1432)

If you are the owner of the mill, this commission shall be lawful for you; because it is like "decreasing the fixed price", (the person who has taken the goods from you is returning you from the original price willingly). But, if you work as manager, you are amin and wakil (trustee and agent), hence it shall not be lawful for you to take this commission, rather it shall be necessary for you to return this amount of commission to the real owner as being wakil so that the company can gain more through you.
قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ... هلا جلس في بيت أبيه أو في بيت أمه ؛ فينظر أيهدي له أم لا . مشكاة المصابيح (156)