Transactions & Dealings >> Business

As-salaam alaikum My brother is doing net working business with a concept of e-commerce named Quest net .((www.questnet-india.com ) I wanted to know is this halal business It starts with A makes the investment of 30,000 by buying numismatic coins. Then A should make 2 members under him B & C ( each has to invest 30,000 ).Then B & C have to make 2 member under them 1, 2, 3, 4, , making the chain of 6 people. Once 6 members are done A will get Rs. 11,500/ once. As the group of 6 people is formed A keep getting 11,500 / for each group only once. The Company explains their business as below Here , all are customers of Quest, and buy directly from the company, not from a dealer/stockiest or distributor like in our traditional business and MLM company. When R buys a nokia phone from Quest with M?s reference, M gets a commission of Rs. 2000.When V buys a nokia phone from Quest with R?s reference, M & R both get a commission of Rs. 2000. When T buys a nokia phone from Quest with V?s reference, M, R & V all get a commission of Rs.2000. When A buys a nokia phone from Quest with T?s reference, M, R, V, T all get a commission of Rs. 2000. So on???.. . HERE WE HAVE THE SAME COMMISSION FOR ALL LEVELS. The numismatic coin is just an entry point into the business. Respected brothers I am very sorry to write such explainatory fatwa, Please mail the fatwa as soon as possible. Was salam

Published on: Nov 11, 2007

(Fatwa: 1366/1218=B)

According to the detail provided by you about the nature of the questnet, it is not a halal (permissible) business; it is haram (impermissible) by many ways.