Transactions & Dealings >> Business

(1) I want to go into business of dairy farm. For purchasing buffaloes, I need to take assistance in the form of bank loan. I don't have that kind of investment with me currently. And there is no other option left. Can I go for a bank loan? I have tried all other options but sadly I am not getting investments from any other means. Kindly advise.
(2) Also a non-Muslim can be made as a business partner?

Published on: Jan 6, 2018

(Fatwa: 506/422/B=4/1439)

(1) It is haram and unlawful for a Muslim to get interest based loan from a bank as he has to pay interest while paying the installments back. As it is haram to take interest in the same way it is also haram to pay the interest. Only such a destitute person can take loan from a bank who is unemployed and is not getting any job and he also cannot do any small business due to not having money and he is a miserable person who is in place of muztar (extremely needy) and it is not allowed for non muztar.

(2) Yes, you may have any non-Muslim as your business partner.